Intro to Tri - Sat 9th April 2016
On Saturday 9th April 2016 Manchester Triathlon Club will be holding it's annual Introduction to triathlon racing and training day for anybody interested in the sport of triathlon.
Is it for you?
The day is aimed at anyone interested in the fast growing sport of triathlon and will be ideal for anyone new to the sport and looking to improve. You don't need to be an MTC member (although it's cheaper if you are). To prove it here are the prices:
- MTC Gold Members: £20
- MTC Bronze Members: £30
- Non Members: £35*
* However if you subsequently join MTC before the 1st May 2016 (two weeks following the Novice Day) you will receive a partial refund on the £35 you have paid. If you join as a Gold member you will receive a £20 refund. If you join as a bronze member you will receive a £10 refund.
To claim refund - email email@example.com by 1st May 2016, and they will advise when refund will be given.
Learn from the best:
Run by the British Triathlon 2008 Club of the Year \ NW Club of the Year 2014 and without doubt one of the biggest and best multi-sports clubs in the country, all sessions will be lead by qualified and experienced British Triathlon Coaches. There will be plenty of opportunity on the day to ask questions.
The day will cover:
- Selecting and entering the right event
- Preparing for the big day: training, equipment, organisation
- Setting up on the day: registration and transition setup
- Practical sessions for swim, run, transitions
- Q&A: get simple answers to all your triathlon questions
- Learn about MTC and what we can do for you
All attendees will receive a training programme to based on what you will have learnt on the day to prepare you for your event.
What do you need to bring?
- Completed Participant Info Form (see below)
- Swim Suit
- 750ml drink
- Trisuit or whatever you plan to wear for the bike/run section of your first race
- Cycling shoes if you have them
- Wetsuit if you have one
- Running shoes
- Pen and Paper if you want to take notes during the workshops
- LUNCH - Bring some healthy food/drink/snacks to keep you energised during the day!
- Some warm/waterproof clothes in case the weather isn't kind to us! We will have use of an indoor space for discussions, but we will be outside, whatever the weather for at least 90 minutes!
We will meet in the Missile Hall at Moss Side Leisure Centre at 08.00 for the morning before moving onto the Old Club House at Longford Park Athletics Stadium for the lunch and afternoon sessions, finishing around 16.30
Coaches for the day:
To Sign up
- Complete the online information page
- Print and Bring Along a participant information sheet
- Pay Online - Payment details to be added shortly.
Any questions or problems , please email firstname.lastname@example.org