Novice Day - Sat 20th April 2013
On Saturday 20th April 2013 Manchester Triathlon Club will be holding it's annual Novice Training Day for anybody interested in the sport of triathlon
Is it for you?
The day is aimed at anyone interested in the fast growing sport of triathlon and will be ideal for anyone new to the sport and looking to improve. You don't need to be an MTC member (although it's cheaper if you are). To prove it here are the prices:
- MTC Gold Members: £20
- MTC Bronze Members: £30
- Non Members: £35*
* However if you subsequently join MTC before the 4th May 2013 (two weeks following the Novice Day) you will receive a partial refund on the £35 you have paid. If you join as a Gold member you will receive a £15 refund. If you join as a bronze member you will receive a £5 refund.
Learn from the best:
Run by the British Triathlon 2008 Club of the Year and without doubt one of the biggest and best multi-sports clubs in the country, all sessions will be lead by qualified and experienced British Triathlon Coaches. There will be plenty of opportunity on the day to ask questions.
The day will cover:
- Selecting and entering the right event
- Preparing for the big day: training, equipment, organisation
- Setting up on the day: registration and transition setup
- Practical sessions for swim, run, transitions
- Q&A: get simple answers to all your triathlon questions
- Learn about MTC and what we can do for you
All attendees will receive a training programme to based on what you will have learnt on the day to prepare you for your event.
On Sunday 21st April 2013, the day after the Novice Day, all attendees are invited to join an MTC cycling skills session and group ride. We will meet at Wythenshawe Park Athletics Track at 08.30am for 1 hour of cycling skills as well as a look at basic bike maintenance issues and your cycling position. We'll then go a short group ride complete with cafe stop at Tatton Park before returning home. We'll be done before 12pm.
What do you need to bring?
- Completed Participant Info Form (see below)
- Swim Suit
- 750ml drink
- Trisuit or whatever you plan to wear for the bike/run section of your first race
- Cycling shoes if you have them
- Wetsuit if you have one
- Running shoes
- Pen and Paper if you want to take notes during the workshops
- LUNCH - Bring some healthy food/drink/snacks to keep you energised during the day!
- Some warm/waterproof clothes in case the weather isn't kind to us! We will have use of an indoor space for discussions, but we will be outside, whatever the weather for at least 90 minutes!
We will meet in the Missile Hall at Moss Side Leisure Centre at 08.00 for the morning before moving onto the Old Club House at Longford Park Athletics Stadium for the lunch and afternoon sessions, finishing around 15.00
For the cycling skills and group ride on Sunday 22nd April we will meet at at 08.30. More details will be provided during the Novice Day on Saturday 21st Apri.
Confirmed Coaches for the day:
Any questions or problems , please email firstname.lastname@example.org