With 10 weekly swim training sessions it no wonder that Man Tri has some excellent swimmers. As well as triathletes of all standards our members include competitive master pool and open water swimmers including a number of record holders. In 2009 we affiliated the club with the ASA to encourage more members to take part in masters swimming events.
These pages include details of swimming events available to our members including:
Phil Thomas is our swimming coordinator. He's also an experienced swimmer having trained with Manchester Triathlon Club for many years. The main focus of his role is to get members involved in swimming competitions both in the pool and the open water. This includes:
- Keeping the racing > swimming section of the website up to date with a list of target swim competitions.
- Manage the affiliation of the club and members to the ASA
- Organise team entries and relay teams for target events
- Working with the Awards Coordinator, encourage members to get in touch about their achievements with results and race reports.
- Work with the Head Coach to help promote swimming related activities within the club such as training camps, exchanges, training days and club competitions
- Attend, or find someone to attend ASA North West Regional Committee meetings to represent the club as required.
For anyone interested in take part in ASA Masters swimming events it is worth reading the page as individuals have to join the ASA through Man Tri.