Calling all mud lovers...... these events are for you!
The club is a member of the Manchester Area XC league which includes 5 matches over the winter. The leagues website is:
where you will find further information and results about each of the matches.
2013/14 will be our seventh season entering the League. It will be a great way to keep (or find!) your running fitness over the winter. There was a fantastic MTC turnout last year and we were probably the best supported club out on the course at each race. The emphasis is firmly on having fun all standards, ages etc welcome. The 'cake-off' between the men and women was hottly contested as ever!
When are the events?
MANCHESTER AREA CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE 2013/2014 SEASON
In partnership with CITY OF MANCHESTER ATHLETICS and sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive’s Dental Health Unit
MATCH 1* : SATURDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2013*[not for U11s]
Heaton Park, Manchester. Host Club: Manchester Harriers & A.C.
MATCH 2 : SUNDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 2013
Woodbank Park, Stockport. Host Club: Stockport Harriers & A.C.
MATCH 3 : SATURDAY 7TH DECEMBER 2013
Sherdley Park, St Helens. Host Club: St Helens Sutton
MATCH 4 : SUNDAY 12TH JANUARY 2014
Boggart Hole Clough, Manchester. Host Club: Salford Harriers & A.C.
MATCH 5 : SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2014
Wythenshawe Park, Manchester. Host Club: Sale Harriers Manchester AC.
TIMES AND APPROXIMATE RACE DISTANCES
12 noon U11 GIRLS* - 2,200 metres *N.B. U11B & U11G WILL NOT RUN IN MATCH ONE.
12:15 pm U11 BOYS* & U13 GIRLS - 2,400 metres
12.30 pm U13 BOYS & U15 GIRLS - 3,000 metres
12:50 pm U15 BOYS & U17 LADIES - 4,500 metres
1:20 pm U17 YOUTHS - 6,000 metres
1:40 pm SENIOR, U20 & VET LADIES - 8,000 metres
2:30 pm SENIOR, U20 & VET MEN - 9,600 metres
AGES as at midnight 31 August/1 September 2013*
U11 – aged 9 or 10 as at above date*; U13 – aged 11 or 12 as at above date*; U15 – aged 13 or 14 as at above date*; U17 – aged 15 or 16 as at above date*; U20 – aged 17, 18 or 19 as at above date*.
Seniors – at least 20 as at above date*; Vets – age as on 19/10/2013
The running coordinator will sort out affiliation, deal with the league and keep everyone update on how we are doing.
We would like a volunteer to be captain at each event, give out uncollected numbers and generally make sure everyone know what to do.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to help out.
The league requires us to submit a list of MTC members who are going to compete. (Additional people can be added at each race but to ease the burden on the organisors they would prefer to get people registered in advance. They have also asked that we don't just register all runners in the club as this will create unnecessary work too.)
Each of these runners will be assigned ONE number for use in ALL races.
These numbers will be collected at the first race (by the team captain) and given to each runner. The runner will be responsible for presenting themselves at each match with their number.
For anyone who isn't competing in the first race the team captain will bring your number to the next race. Once you have competed the number is yours to look after. (The league will charge for any reissuing of numbers)
Team Captain for each event:
(See further below for responsibilities of Team Captain)
- Match 1: Sonia Harris
- Match 2:
- Match 3:
- Match 4:
- Match 5:
How do I register? and What does it cost?
Essentially it will cost you £4.99. It costs £40 to affiliate the club to the league and then we are charged 75p retrospectively for each runner for each race they compete in. We have decided in the interest of keeping it simple we are charging £4.99 for anyone registering for the league. This will cover the cost of registration and the retrospective race charges (It's a one off £4.99 whether you race all 5 races or once). Any profit made will not be kept by the club. We are suggesting we should split any profit between charity and some fun prizes.
NOTE: This season the club will be charged an addtional fee of 50p per unused entry will if we don't achieve a 75% or greater return on entries. So if you sign up you must race at least one race.
This year we will be taking online payment in advance via the website. http://www.man-tri-club.org.uk/Members/ ... product=38
At the end of the season we will be sent a list of who has competed for the club. We will check this list against who has paid their £4.99 online and request payment from anyone who hasn't paid. We will also check everyone who has raced for the club against those who have affiliated with England Athletics for the season and request payment from anyone who hasn't paid.
Can I still race if I didn't register before the 4th of October?
Yes - It is possible to register yourself on race day. This is not ideal for both the league or MTC so please try and register online.
Is there any other information I need to know?
- You should be registered with UK Athletics for insurance purposes
- You need to wear a MTC running vest to compete. (It's league requirement)
- These are available from Sweatshop in Hyde. As far as I'm aware they have them in stock. Best call ahead / discuss with our club kit officer for more information.
- I think that just about covers everything......
- If you have any questions get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEAM CAPTAIN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Collect outstanding numbers from previous Match Captain.
- Start a thread on events section of forum with all details for the day including - Directions, Meet time, meet place.
- Add your contact details to the forum thread so that competitors can contact you on the day
- Arrive before 1pm at the pre-arranged meeting place as listed on forum (if all Juniors have already picked up numbers). This gives time for senior men and women who haven't raced to pick up numbers.
- Give out race number. Inform people that numbers have to be kept for all races, SO DON'T THROW THEM AWAY.
- Point any one who hasn't pre-registered in the direction of the registration desk. Ask them to return with their number so it can be recorded and advise them to to pay outstanding money to a value of £4.99 online at the earliest available opportunity.
- Team organisers will update the original forum post with additional registrations.
- Write a brief race report