As a British Triathlon affiliated club, Man Tri members have been competing in multisport events since 1989. Whilst the majority of our members compete in triathlon they can also be found doing duathlons, aquathlons, quadrathlons and any other -athlon you can think of. The variety of events is so great it's best to read our 'Racing Ahead' article on triathlon events to get an idea of how it all works. To find a complete list of UK triathlon events visit the British Triathlon website or Tri247:
To get you started we've included some essentials on this page provided by our Multisports Coordinator, Nick Thomas. Nick is an experienced triathlete, cyclist, coach and also an honorary member of the club! (he's the one one the far left of the group photo!)
Nick's main focus is to get members involved in Triathlon, Duathlon and Aquathlon competitions. This includes:
- Keeping the racing > multisport section of the website up to date with a list of popular North West events that members can use to dip their toes into the multisport world.
- Organise team entries for the National Relay Championships
- Working with the Awards Coordinator, encourage members to get in touch about their achievements with results and race reports.
- Work with the Head Coach to help promote multisport related activities within the club such as training camps, exchanges, novice days, training duathlons.
- Attend, or find someone to attend North West Regional Committee meetings to represent the club as required.
If you have an Multisport questions or wish to contact Nick you can email him on: email@example.com