What will be provided?
- Session Plan
What do you need to bring?
- Membership card or training voucher
- 1 x 750ml drink (as a minimum)
- Sports Watch (for timing)
What should you wear?
- Running shorts / tights
- Running vest, t-shirt, jacket if cold.
- Running shoes or racing flats.
Often there will be athletes of varying abilities doing different workouts on the track. It is advisable to understand the basic courtesies and customs of running on a track so that we can all enjoy workouts without injuries.
- Turn up 10 minutes before the start of the session so you can ask any questions you have before the session begins and by ready to start on time.
- Look both ways before you step onto or walk across the track.
- Give runners already using the track right of way.
- Warm-up in a clockwise direction in the outside two lanes or alternatively in the park.
- During the main set use the inside two lanes only and run in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Don't run more than 2 abreast as this makes it difficult for you to be passed without using another lane.
- If you are being passed hold your position. If you move suddenly to the right/left someone may get hurt.
- Never stand still on the track particularly near the start/finish line.
- Whenever you are resting step off the track onto the track centre.
- If someone yells 'TRACK' move out of the way as you are probably not following one of the rules above.
- Finally be aware of other activities taking place on the in-field such as football or field events.