Benefits of Joining
- Access to over 650 quality swim, bike and run coached sessions throughout the year
- Access to the club training duathlons
- Discounted entry to The Novices Training Day
- Postal Swim. Club pays the entrance fee to the one hour postal swim. Worth £3.50
- Club newsletters
- Discounted entry to the BTF - see the btf membership page for detail
- Discounted British Cycling membership
- Availability of UK Athletics membership
- Social activities such as National Team relays, training weekend, MTC triathlon - Boundary Breeze, Curry nights.
- Access to training weekends from low cost weekends in the Peaks to warm weather training overseas
- 10% Discounts at the leading triathlon, bike and running shops in the area.
- Access to the knowledge of Elite Triathletes at every distance from Olympic to Ironman
- 20% discount on the cost of lactate threshold testing at Salford University
- Automatic entry to the club series
- Meet over 400 like minded individuals - help always on hand for new members so you're not left alone at training sessions.
- Well maintained website and club forum to keep in touch with members
- Gold costs £220 per annum, that is £4.23 per week, £18.33 per month - considerably less than a gym membership. All standard training sessions are free
- Gold for Juniors (under 18) costs £110 per annum.
- Bronze costs just £25 per annum plus you must purchase training vouchers to attend training sessions. Each voucher costs £4.
So which type of membership is right for me? Below is detailed the different types of membership we have, by assessing which sort of member you are, you can see which membership is best, and where you can make the most saving. As you can see, for the majority of members who attend any sessions, Gold is by far and away the most cost effective way of joining, with high attendance members saving over £869 by joining as Gold.
|Type of membership||Gold||Bronze|
|Zero attendance at MTC sessions or duathlons||£220||£25|
|Low attendance (1 sessions per week & 3 club duathlons per year)||£220||£245|
|Medium attendance (3 sessions per week & 4 club duathlons per year)||£220||£665|
|High attendance (5 sessions per week & 6 duathlons per year)||£220||£1089|
- One to One advice advice from our Professional coaches will be charged by the individual
- Video of swimming technique is provided at additional cost
- Entrance to National Team Relays - £38.50
- Cost of training weekend - £35 (price includes accommodation, meal on the Saturday night, swim, bike and run sessions (mixture of coached lead sessions), basic food supplies - what a bargain!