2008 Membership update

Moderator: Stickiers

2008 Membership update

Postby IanJones » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick update on the membership situation - so far we are well ahead of last years numbers at this point, and 2008 should hopefully be another great year for the club.

However, we have had one or two problems with people not following the correct membership process, and in these cases we want to resolve these problems and make sure that people receive their cards and can attend sessions as quickly as possible.

So - if you think you fit the following description, and it's been a while since you applied and you haven't yet received your card, please drop us a line at membership@man-tri-club.org.uk :-

- Have you sent a standing order form directly to the bank (rather than in to the membership team)?
- Have you sent a standing order form to the membership team without actually joining (and giving your details) online?
- Sent in a standing order with the reference Monk, Perre or Lee WI?

Thanks,

Ian
The fight is won far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road - long before I dance under those lights.

Muhammad Ali
IanJones

Postby iammatt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:44 am

I haven't received my card yet, but how long is a while??
iammatt

Postby PThomas » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:09 pm

Renewed my membership Dec 17th and still not had my card through. Had a hard time at MAC Thursday as they have been told not to let anyone with 2007 cards in anymore. Luckily had a copy of my PayPal email.
PThomas

Postby IanJones » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 pm

iammatt wrote:I haven't received my card yet, but how long is a while??

Did you send it in over 10 days ago?
The fight is won far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road - long before I dance under those lights.

Muhammad Ali
IanJones

Postby IanJones » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:48 pm

PThomas wrote:Renewed my membership Dec 17th and still not had my card through. Had a hard time at MAC Thursday as they have been told not to let anyone with 2007 cards in anymore. Luckily had a copy of my PayPal email.

Please PM me your email adress and details and I'll sort your card ASAP.

Muhammad Ali
IanJones

Postby iammatt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:22 pm

IanJones wrote:

9 days ago
iammatt

Postby IanJones » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:00 pm

iammatt wrote:
IanJones wrote:

9 days ago

Again, please PM me your name/details and I'll look into this ASAP.

Muhammad Ali
IanJones

Postby Kat » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:26 pm

I am disappointed to hear that at least one person has proceeded to take part in training sessions despite being told by the voucher collector that they cannot do so since their membership has not been renewed.

At the moment we are not insured for non-members to participate in sessions (this includes those who have not yet renewed). Therefore in taking this action those people were putting themselves and fellow club members at risk of having legal action taken against them personally should an accident have occured that resulted in injury.

I sincerely hope that those members will be more considerate of others and the potential consequences of their actions from now on.
Can anyone remember where I parked my car?
Kat

Postby Kat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I would like to apologise to those members paying by standing order who have been turned away from the swim tonight as they have no proof of membership. Clearly this has flagged up a flaw in the system that I was not aware of until tonight.

I would like to assure those people who have paid by standing order but not received their card that we will be putting a new system in place tomorrow to ensure that genuine paid up members don't have problems getting in to sessions from now on.

Cheers

Kat
Can anyone remember where I parked my car?
Kat

Postby harryd » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:32 am

Turned away at the the MAC????!

There is no reason for anyone to be turned away. There is an accepted procedure if members don't have their card for whatever reason - the member pays and keeps the receipt and returns with a responsible club official and receives a refund.

I have done this on Monday nights for members, even for one who had to borrow from another to get in.

Harry
"But, Harry, you are living on borrowed time" - Nick Thomas, Nov 2012
harryd
MTC

Next

Return to Forum