Club notices.

Moderator: Stickiers

Club notices.

Postby Dabbsy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:33 pm

AGM

Advance notice that the AGM has been scheduled for Monday 3rd December at 7pm, in the upstairs Bar at Longford Park. Light refreshments will be provided. This is your main chance to speak to the committee, find out what they do, find out the plans and changes for next year, and have a say in how the club is run. If you have a burning issue, want to get involved in the club, or just fancy a catch up with other members, please attend. The more people turn up, the more representative your views will be. If we don’t know what you’re thinking, the committee can’t act on your behalf. An agenda will be sent out nearer the time.

Vacant committee positions

The following committee positions are coming vacant, due to existing members standing down. If you would like to take up one of the roles, please advise either the chairman or the Secretary via email. If you would like to get involved but don’t know what’s involved, any of the committee would be happy to talk to you about it:-

chairman@man-tri-club.org.uk / secretary@man-tri-club.org.uk

Vacant roles

- Chairman
- Membership Secretary
- Club Kit Co-ordinator
- Welfare Officer
- Members Representative

All the above positions are scheduled to start with effect from the AGM, with the exception of the membership secretary, which is vacant now, so we are looking to elect a new membership secretary straight away.

New position vacancies

A few new positions will also be created to help with the running of the club. These are positions where people are happy to help out with various tasks that come up within the club. These could be anything from arranging a team for a race, to arranging a training weekend to helping decide the future direction of the club (i.e. exceedingly varied)! These positions will work closely with the committee, but do not necessarily have to attend committee meetings, instead they may just feedback their progress to the committee. The exact nature of these roles haven’t been decided, but if we can get a few people who are willing to take on these sorts of roles, then none of them will be too onerous on anyone, and people can choose the things that interest them the most.

Thanks to Daniel and Caz who have already stepped up to the mark and volunteered – we’ll be in touch very soon!

Don’t forget – without your input, and without people to help out in the running of the club, the club cannot function, and the more volunteers the club has, the more the club can do.

Many thanks,
Jonathan
Acting Chairman
Pp MTC Committee.
Dabbsy

Postby Kat » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:05 pm

Just to add to the AGM notice; the staff have asked me to inform members that we are not permitted to bring our own drinks to the meeting. As Jonathan said, refreshments will be provided and the bar will also be open.
Can anyone remember where I parked my car?
Kat

Return to Forum