Saturday 11th August 2007
National Team Relays
National Watersports Centre,
Leave the M1 at Junction 26; take the A610 sign posted Nottingham. Follow the A610 to the A6514 sign posted Ring Road/ Derby. Then take the A52 towards Derby, pick up the signs to Grantham (still on A52) then follow the signs to the National Water Sports Centre (off Regatta Way).
If anyone wants any more detailed instructions from something like ‘multimap’ the postcode to search under is NG12 2LU.
Most people will be arriving at the on-site campsite (it’s fairly cheap and you don’t need to book in advance) on the Friday from about 4/5pm onwards. If you’re arriving on the Saturday, look out for the MTC gazebo on the race site for where to congregate. Aim to arrive at least 90 minutes before your wave starts.
Registration will take place in the Patio Room in the main building at Holme Pierrepont. This is located on the first floor immediately beside the main reception desk. ONLY Team Captains or other nominated persons are allowed into registration.
Friday August 10th
Registration will be open for all categories between 6pm and 8.30pm. Please note: NO BIKE RACKING ON FRIDAY.
Saturday August 12th
AM Registration will be open for all categories between 6.45am and 8.30am.
PM Registration will be open for male, male vet and male junior categories only between 12.45 pm and 1.45pm.
There will be no registration outside of these times. It is the responsibility of the team captain to register on behalf of all of their team.
If you miss the registration, you will not be able to race!!
All team captains must complete the Team Registration sheet and return to Pace Setter Events 5 days before the event – this will be emailed to team captains this week.
You will need to collect from each member either their BTA license or £5 day membership, and take this to registration. Here you will get a race pack, some goodies for everyone, and most importantly a race-chip. This will need to be given to the 4th member of the team who wears it throughout the race.
As Team Captain you will be required to ensure that all of your team knows & understands all the information about this event. You will be required to ensure that the race organisers know all the required information about all of your team members, including any medical conditions.
Teams and Race times
There are two waves this year. Female and mixed teams start at 9am and the Men’s and Men’s Vet Teams start at 2pm.
Teams are listed below and © indicates the team captains (thank you to everyone who offered and if you haven’t offered, I hope you don’t mind me nominating you but someone has to do it!! J)
I’ve tried to match up team members of similar abilities as much as possible, and if you need to contact one another before the day please email me and I can pass on any details. If you have any queries there will be plenty of very ‘experienced’ MTC members who will be on hand to help (e.g. Jonathan Dabbs, Tony Jolly, Harry Davies, Steve Collins etc).
Ladies Teams x 5
1) Jo Harvey ©/ Helen Sloman/ Viv Slack/ Sarah Lees.
2) Verity Collett ©/ Natalie McKee/ Helen Hyder/ Arlett Schmidt.
3) Kat Copsey ©/ Bethan James/ Sarah Smith/ Becky Ward.
4) Rebecca Walton ©/ Sally Griffiths/ Kat Burley/ Roisin McCourt.
5) Ala Jackson ©/ Sarah Swanton/ Harriet Leyland/ Danni Fairclough.
Mixed Teams x 3
1) Hannah Lancashire ©/ Mark Roberts/ Roisin McCabe/ Guy Dobson.
2) David Moon ©/ Michelle Wilder/ Michael Ogden/ Rachel Douglas.
3) James Raspin ©/ Paul Barrett/ Jo Thomas/ Natalie Chandler.
Men’s Teams x 10
1) Andy Fardon ©/ Gary Wolstencroft/ Richard Hyder/ Daniel Ling.
2) Jonathan Dabbs ©/ Tony Jolly/ Tim Johns/ Rob Harvey.
3) John Murray ©/ Paul Schofield/ Nick Thomas/ Paul Stannard.
4) Andy Quicke ©/ Chris Brobin/ Stefan/ Mark Benton.
5) Rob Harper ©/ Paul Skipper/ Andy Norman/ Simon Brereton.
6) Alistair Cairns ©/ Harshan Gill/ Brian Mullen/ Karl Cannell.
7) Nathan Gladwell ©/ Mike Lodge/ Dan Nolan/ Adriana DeCunto.
Bradley Murphy ©/ Rob Bell/ Chris Standidge/ Mike Shackcloth.
9) Martyn Cornish ©/ Paul Haworth/ Michael Hunt/ Steve Collins.
10) Jeff McGinty ©/ Andrew Rourke/ Mark Brown/ Andrew Grindley.
Men’s Vets x 1
1) Andy Chalmers ©/ Harry Davies/ David Waterhouse/ Shaun Walsh.
We have a club marquee and two MTC gazebo’s, so if anyone has the means to transport them to the event please can you let me know.
Also, If anyone has a decent BBQ please bring it, otherwise bring your own disposable BBQ, food and drink.
Need to know more?
Hopefully this should cover most queries, but if not feel free to post messages below. Further information is available on the Pace Setter website - http://www.pacesetterevents.com
- Or, you can contact me on 07776 228 501 or email@example.com
See you all on the 10th/ 11th, for what should be a fantastic weekend! 19 teams this year - a club record!!