XC Practice - Saturday 22nd November 2008

Info on official club training sessions

Moderator: Stickiers

XC Practice - Saturday 22nd November 2008

Postby Dabbsy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 pm

As part of the regular Saturday run sessions, there will be a cross country practice in Bruntwood Park, Cheadle on Saturday 22nd November 2008.

See http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=SK8+1HX&countryCode=GB for how to get there.

Meet at 2pm in the main car park (tarmac car park, not the gravel one), which is near the kids play area and duck pond).
You can either park in the car park (which you have to pay for), or park on one of the local streets or Cheadle Royal (Sainsburys and John Lewis – go via the underpass which is accessed near the petrol station) and jog into the park.

The plan is to do a warm up of one lap of the 'course' as a familiarisation route. Then it’s up to individuals what you fancy doing. Everyone will set off at the same time, and then you can either do one, two or three laps of the course. The course is approximately the same length as other XC races, and should be similar in terrain to most of the other races. Off road shoes or XC spikes would be best – it’s all grass apart from crossing a tarmac track twice (only about 2m wide though). One or two sections can get muddy.

Afterwards, we’ll all re-group and do a warm down and stretches.

This should be a useful way of:-
- getting some XC practice in
- trying XC for the first time
- trying out new shoes that you don’t want to test in a race
- trying tactics
- or just getting out and doing an off road run with a few other people!

The pace / distance is entirely up to you, so there is no pressure on anyone.
There will be a few of these through the winter, so if you want to, you can track progress if you note your times.

If you have any questions, please post below, but in case I don’t answer, it’s because I’m on holiday for a week from Thursday 13th – Thursday 20th, so I’ll answer any when I get back.
See you then!

Jonathan
If you think you can do it, then you're right. If you think you can't do it, then you're still right.
Dabbsy

Re: XC Practice - Saturday 22nd November 2008

Postby Rob H » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:35 am

Bump!
Rob H

Postby pete dunn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Dabs sounds great and it is very local for me so I will be there see you Sat @ 2.00 cheers
pete dunn

Postby Rob H » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Top session from Mr D on Saturday - where were the rest of you? My only complaint is that he's a slave driver who made us run for almost an hour and a half!

I'll put up the Garmin track soon so you can see where the course is.
Rob H

Postby Dabbsy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Rob H wrote:Top session from Mr D on Saturday - where were the rest of you? My only complaint is that he's a slave driver who made us run for almost an hour and a half!

I obviously didn't drive you hard enough Mr Harper - especially as you voluntarily did some hill reps at the end ;-)
All good marathon base training for you though eh?
cheers,
J
If you think you can do it, then you're right. If you think you can't do it, then you're still right.
Dabbsy

Return to Training