Moderator: Stickiers

Postby Sonia H » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Fancy some fast road racing??? MTC has affiliated to Northern Athletics. This has a number of benefits including being able to enter local cross country leagues and compete for team prizes at events such as the Wilmslow Half Marathon.

Another benefit is that we can enter teams in the Northern Men's 12 stage & Women's 6 stage road relays to be held on Sunday 5th April at Woodbank Park, Stockport:

Mens: 11.30 am start , 12 per team with
Stages 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 approximately 4.25 miles
Stages 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 approximately 2.4 miles

Womens: 11.35am start, 6 per team with
Stages of approximately 2.4 Miles each

Minimum age: 17years and over at midnight 31st August / 1st September 2008
We can enter as many teams as we like but you need to be affiliated with UK athletics. (Clubs that knowingly run ineligible or unregistered runners will be disqualified and may have their entry refused for the 2010 event).
We can name up to 38 men and 18 women per team.
Cost per team: men £50, women £30, this cost will need to be covered by team members so about £5 each (prob pay on the day).
Club colours/running vests need to be worn so anyone wanting to take part will need to beg, steal, borrow or buy one from Sweatshop in Hyde.

We can enter as many teams as we like with 1 team each being classified as our 'A' team and if they finish in the top 25 they will qualify for the 2009 ERRA Championships.

Closing date for entries is next Friday 20 March 09 so I would like to have an idea of interest (note it is the same date as the 4th club duathlon) ASAP. Teams will need to be decided by Thu 19 March.

If you want to take part either preferably reply to this post or email me at runcoordinator@man-tri-club.org.uk . I will keep the list updated. Men pls indicate if you prefer the 4m or 2m distance.
I was actaully hoping to do the duathlon myself, so if we do get the interest and team/s could we have a volunteer to be captian for the day??? :D
Cheers Sonia
Sonia H

Re: Sign up: Sun Apr 5:Northern 12/6 Stage Road Relays,Stockport

Postby Sarah K » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 am

Hi

I quite like to try but I'm pretty new to cycling and have only just bought a road bike. So if all the places have gone no worries but if you're looking for someone still to fill a space then I'd have a go.

Sarah
Sarah K

Postby Dabbsy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Sarah K.
don't worry about the cycling - this is a running race!

Sonia, I would have done it, but I'm doing Blackpool marathon that day. 4 miles does sound much more preferable to 26 though ;-)
Hope you've got a team together
J
If you think you can do it, then you're right. If you think you can't do it, then you're still right.
Dabbsy

Postby Sarah K » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Aah, I did think it was a rather short race...

As for running, I could make up the numbers if need be but might be good to have an idea of other peoples times as i wouldn't want to let the side down!

Sarah
Sarah K

Postby Sonia H » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks all..... but no worries, we didn't manage to get a team together and have now missed the deadline, due to:
1- lots of other exciting things going on that day
2- I didn't get my act togther to get a note out.... Note to self: make sure I get these races on peoples radars early!!
I think we'll always struggle though once the marathon and tri seasons gets underway...
Cheers Sonia
Sonia H

Return to Events