Manchester Area Cross Country League 2009

Moderator: Stickiers

Re: Manchester Area Cross Country League 2009

Postby Paddy F » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Is it possible to purchase the MTC running vests online or at one of the training sessions, or can we only get one at the shop in Hyde?

Really looking forward to this to keep up the training over the winter.
Paddy F

Postby bethan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks Rob. Yes, easy when you know how.
bethan

Postby skip » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi Guy's,

Going to be sending the league affiliation off this weekend.
Deadline for registering yourself for the league is 1st October (see initil post for details)

If you wan to take par and haven't a;ready registered now is the time to do so!

Skip
skip

Postby Rob Harvey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Just a quick reminder for all those who have signed up for XC so far that you also need to affiliate to England Athletics to race for the club. You can do this via the members section of the MTC site the same way you did for the XC payment. I make it that their are about 15 people who have paid XC but not affiliated so far.

Thanks

Rob
Rob Harvey

Postby skip » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Ok, as of 14:50 on Saturday I have got the 41 people who have paid up for the XC league and put them on the regisration form.

I've also had a couple of people who have contacted me and asked me to put them down and they promise to go online and enter which takes the numbers upto 44 people.

I'm going to post the form first thing Monday so if you want to be pre-registered this is your last oppotunity. Please contact me directly as might not look at the shop before Monday. (Details are on orgional post)

For those that want to race that haven't pre-registered you still can. You will need to enter yourself on the day.

Can I ask peeps to register with uk athletics if they haven't already, and also remind peeps that the wearing of club vests is compulsary (league rules)

Thank you to Andy C and Daniel who have volunteerd to captain at St Helens & Wythenshawe. We are still looking for people to captain Boggart Hole Clough & Woodbank Park. Details again on the origional post.

Looking forward to getting muddy. Will post details about the first race in a week or so
skip

Postby Sonia H » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Can't wait... :D :D

Please note the website is not as on the orginal post: http://www.manchesterareaxc.com

it is http://www.bbresults.com and then select the Manchester area XC side

see you there.
I can prob captain either of the 2 other races (Boggart or Woodbank).... just let me know if any still need someone...
Cheers Sonia
Sonia H

Postby Rob Harvey » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 am

Although Im not due to do it till the end of the month I'm going to process another batch of England Athletics affiliations this evening (about 8pm) so that people can race in the cross country at heaton park.

PLEASE COULD EVERYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON RACING XC ENSURE THEY HAVE AFFILIATED. SO IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR XC YOU ALSO NEED TO PAY FOR ENGLAND ATHLETICS AFFILIATION. IT'S ONLY £5.

When I checked at the beginning of the month 15 people who had signed up to do XC had not affiliated. This means you won't be able to race. I will be giving a list of people who have affiliated to Skip so if you are going to race sign up today.

England Athletics Affiliation can be purchased here: http://www.man-tri-club.org.uk/Members/purchase.php?product=1

Thanks

Rob

ps - any questions give me a call 07906 635 559
Rob Harvey

Postby Tim Johns » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Skip

If you still need someone to captain the Boggart Hole Clough race, I can
do it. Just let me know.

tj
Tim Johns

Postby Paddy F » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 am

Do you reckon normal trainers will be OK for tomorrow or is it best to wear studs/spikes? I am assuming that the whole race will be on grass, is this correct?
Paddy F

Postby Paul Barrett » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 am

After yesterdays rain, the corse will be nice and soft.

We were there on sat, and the course is firm and grassy. the only section which will be muddy is the river crossing and the bit through the woods.

Spikes/studds are advisable- but you can take a risk with trainers...just be prepared to wash your trainers afterwards!

If youre planning on doing the whole series, i would advise all new xc runners to purchase a pair of studdied shoes, as you can use these on other surfaces (such as the pennine bridleway relay). You can only use spikes on xc races.

enjoy!
Paul Barrett

PreviousNext

Return to Events