Manchester Area Cross Country League 2009

Moderator: Stickiers

Manchester Area Cross Country League 2009

Postby skip » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 am

Calling all mud lovers..... these events are for you!

This will be our second season entering the Manchester Area Cross Country League. It will be a great way to keep (or find!) your running fitness over the winter.
There was a fantastic MTC turnout last year and we were probably the best supported club out on the course at each race. The emphasis is firmly on having fun all standards, ages etc welcome.

When are the events?

The dates and times for the events are as follows
Match 1*: Saturday 25th October 2008 - Heaton Park, Manchester
Match 2: Sunday 16th November 2008 - Boggart Hole Clough,Blackley
Match 3: Saturday 13th December 2008 - Sherdley Park, St Helens
Match 4: Sunday 4th January 2009 - Woodbank Park, Stockport
Match 5*: Satruday 7th February 2009 - Wythenshawe Park, Manchester

How far are the events?
How far you run is dependant on how old you are and whether your male or female.

Start Times and maximum distances for each event are as follows:
12.00 - U11 girls (2,200m)
12.15 - U11 boys and U13 girls (2,400m)
12.30 - U13 boys and U15 girls (3,000m)
12.50 - U15 boys and U17 girls (4,500m)
13.20 - U17 youths and U20 ladies (6,000m)
13.50 - SNR and VET ladies (8,000m)
14.30 - SNR, U20 and VET men (9,600m) - I think VET is 35 for women and 40 for men

*Note: U11 boys and U11 girls will not run in match number 1 and 5

Ages:
U11–aged 9 or 10 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
U13–aged 11 or 12 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
U15–aged 13 or 14 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
U17–aged 15 or 16 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
U20–aged 17, 18 or 19 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
Seniors–at least 20 as at midnight 31 Aug/1 Sept 08;
Veterans–age on 25/10/08.

Organization
I’ll act as Team Manager/s and sort out affiliation, deal with the league and keep everyone update on how we are doing (unless someone would like to volunteer?).
We would also like a volunteer to be captain at each event, give out uncollected numbers and generally make sure everyone know what to do. Please reply to this thread if you would like to help out.

The league requires us to submit a list of MTC members who are going to compete. (Additional people can be added at each race but to ease the burden on the organisors they would prefer to get people registered in advance. They have also asked that we don't just register all runners in the club as this will create unnecessary work too.)

Each of these runners will be assigned ONE number for use in ALL races.
These numbers will be collected at the first race (by the team captain) and then given to each runner. The runner will be responsible for presenting themselves at each match with their number.

For anyone who isn't competing in the first race the team captain will bring your number to the next race. Once you have competed the number is yours to look after. (The league will charge for any reissuing of numbers)

Team Captain for each event:
(See further below for responsibilities of Team Captain)
Match 1: Paul Skipper
Match 2:
Match 3: Andy Chalmers
Match 4:
Match 5: Danel McParland

How do I register? and What does it cost?
Essentially it will cost you £4.99

It costs £40 to affiliate the club to the league and then we are charged 50p retrospectively for each runner for each race they compete in.
MTC have decided in the interest of keeping it simple we are charging £4.99 for anyone registering for the league. This will cover the cost of registration and the retrospective race charges (It’s a one off £4.99 whether you race all 5 races or once). Any profit made will not be kept by the club (or me!). Like last year we are suggesting we should split any profit between charity and some fun prizes.

This year we will be taking online payment in advance via the website.
We will let you know when this is Live.

Online payment is now active via the Shop (located within the members section of the website)

As well as your £4.99 entry fee we will need details of your date of birth to give to the league.

Online Registration will close on the 1st of October in order for use to submit athletes details to the league

Can I still race if I didn’t register before the 1st of October?
Yes - It is possible to register yourself on race day. This is not ideal for both the league or MTC so please try and register online.

Is there any other information I need to know?
You should be registered with UK Athletics for insurance purposes
You need to wear a MTC running vest to compete. (It’s league requirement)
These are available from Sweatshop in Hyde. As far as I’m aware they have them in stock. Best call ahead / discuss with our club kit officer for more information.

Website for the league:
http://www.manchesterareaxc.com

I think that just about covers everything……

Reply to this thread with any questions or PM me or email me on pmskip2003@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Skip

THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEAM CAPTAIN ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Manchester Cross Country League Match Captain
Collect outstanding numbers from previous Match Captain.
Start a thread on events section of forum with all details for the day including - Directions, Meet time, Meet place.
Add your contact details to the forum thread so that competitors can contact you on the day
Arrive before 1pm at the pre-arranged meeting place as listed on forum (if all Juniors have already picked up numbers). This gives time for senior men and women who haven't raced to pick up numbers.
Give out race number. Inform people that numbers have to be kept for all races, SO DON'T THROW THEM AWAY.
Point any one who hasn't pre-registered in the direction of the registration desk. Ask them to return with their number so it can be recorded and advise them to to pay outstanding money to a value of £4.99 online at the earliest available opportunity.
Team organisers will update the original forum post with additional registrations.
Write a brief race report
Last edited by skip on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
skip

Re: Manchester Area Cross Country League 2009

Postby IanJones » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Skip

Thanks very much for taking the time to organise this - really looking forward to these already.

Cheers

IJ
The fight is won far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road - long before I dance under those lights.

Muhammad Ali
IanJones

Postby skip » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Rob H has enabled the online payment. This can be found in the shop located within the members section
skip

Postby bethan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 pm

Skip
Can I just check the dates/days of Match 2 & 3....the days and dates don't correspond in my diary. Are they Sat or Sun races?

cheers
Bethan
bethan

Postby skip » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Have checked my Diary. Found same prob. Not sure whether I've typed it out wrong or it was an error on an email that I've cut and paste. Anyways.........

Just to confirm. Match two is a sunday and three a saturday. Have edited origional post. Date sshould hopefully now all be correct

Skip
skip

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Skip,

Long time no see, hope things are good. I'm in for the x country. Good luck with the Ironman.
Rgds,

Glen
Rgds
Glen
Glen

Postby David Moon » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks Skip and Rob H, for sorting this out. Come on boys and girls, come out to play. Remember all the fun we had last year and we had the best cheerleaders too :D
David Moon

Postby andy chalmers » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:14 am

have entered online it is dead easy
also i will volunteer to be team captain for st helens race as i am only 10-15 minutes away
we definately had best support made me sprint some of the finishes
looking forward to getting muddy
andy chalmers
andy chalmers

Postby bethan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Where's this "shop" - can't find it in the members section. Enjoyed the cheerleading and cake eating last year...oh..and a bit of a jog before-hand..
bethan

Postby Rob H » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:22 pm

bethan wrote:Where's this "shop" - can't find it in the members section. Enjoyed the cheerleading and cake eating last year...oh..and a bit of a jog before-hand..

Go to http://www.man-tri-club.org.uk/Members/ and login. Then click either the Shop link in the nav bar or the "Visit the shop" link in the list of links.
Rob H

Next

Return to Events