England Athletics Affiliation for 2008/09

Moderator: Stickiers

England Athletics Affiliation for 2008/09

Postby Rob Harvey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 am

England Athletics Affiliations – Update your details now

Hi,

We have recently re-affiliated MTC to England Athletics for another season. Each individual MTC member who wishes to compete in running events is also required to pay a small affiliation fee of £5. Here’s a list of benefit to paying it:

Avoid £2 un-attached levy at UKA affiliated races including Wilmslow Half Marathon, 4 Villages Half, Salford 10k, Alexandra Park 5k Series, to name just a few.
    Help the club win team prizes at races such as the Stockport 10.
    Compete for the club in the Manchester Cross Country league
    Avoid missing out on important races as some event don’t allow runners who aren’t registered with an affiliated club to take part. This includes championship events such as the National Road Relays and National Cross Country Champs.
    Give yourself the chance of securing a place in the London Marathon. Places are allocated to UKA clubs based on the number of registered members. The more people who register the more places we will be offered.
    Get a reduced rate of entry to the Regional Athletics Centre at Sports City on production of your English Athletics and MTC membership card.

So if you plan to take part in some of the Manchester XC League races again this winter or run for the club at one of the Northern Road Relays then it’s important you sign up.

We will email out / add here details of how to do this in the next couple of days as we are going to use PayPal to keep things simple, fingers crossed.

However in the meantime could everyone who joined England Athletics last year please log on to their website using the username and password you were sent along with your card and cheque that your contact details are correct.

Why? This is really important to make things easier for whoever has to register club members as it is all done via an online database. If your details are already there and correct from last year then it is as simple as ticking a box, otherwise we need to type full contact details in.

To update your details log in via the link below:

http://www.englandathletics.org/editmyprofile

Hopefully you noted down your username and password that they emailed last year. If not probably worth contacting Athletics Services: affiliation@athleticsservices.org.uk

If people could try to do this before this in the next 7 days this would be a great help.

Thanks

Rob Harvey
Rob Harvey

Re: England Athletics Affiliation for 2008/09

Postby Paul Barrett » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Rob, i'll sort out relay/xc teams this time round if you wish?
Paul Barrett

Postby Paul Barrett » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 pm

For those who are interested:

September 27th- Hartlepool- Road relays

Jan 24th 2009- St Helens- Northern Cross Country Champs

I havent any dates for the Manchester League yet, but as soon as they are published- i'll let you know!
Paul Barrett

Postby daniel.mcparland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Can we enter the XC relays down in Mansfield too? Its usually in September/October sort of time and is a really good event. I did it for my old athletics club last year and noticed there was no MTC representation.

Its only 4 to a team so surely we could muster up a couple of mens and womens teams, be warned though we will have our a*ses handed to us the standard is outrageously high.

I'm happy to organise if there is no one already doing it?
daniel.mcparland

Postby Dabbsy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Nice one Paul. I'd be up for both the Hartlepool- Road relays and St Helens- Northern Cross Country Champs
Be great if we can get a couple of teams out for these.

National XC champs - we would have our derrieres seriously kicked, but what a challenge - I'm sure we have a few people quick enough to muster a reasonable challenge though.

Pennine Bridleway is on 1st Feb too. I'm happy to assist in organisation for that one. tempted to do what Konrad did and do a double leg for different teams.
If you think you can do it, then you're right. If you think you can't do it, then you're still right.
Dabbsy

Postby Paul Barrett » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:55 pm

The national xc relays tends to be the 1st weekend in nov. The national xc next year is in london- always a special race!
Paul Barrett

Postby Rob Harvey » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Paul B,

Thanks for the offer and I'll take you up on that. Drop me an email / call when you're ready to start organising and we'll get a page on the website too for those who aren't big forum readers.

thanks

Rob
Rob Harvey

Postby Paul Barrett » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:52 pm

rob,
Can you make sure the 6 stage entry form is handed to me, so i can enter people. It will be posted to the club secretary.
Cheers
Paul
Paul Barrett

Postby Rob Harvey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:48 pm

The MTC shop is now open online for you to pay the £5 English Athletics affiliation fee. Here are some of the benefits of affiliating in case you had forgotten them! :

- Avoid £2 un-attached levy at UKA affiliated races including Wilmslow Half Marathon, 4 Villages Half, Salford 10k, Alexandra Park 5k Series, to name just a few.
- Help the club win team prizes at races such as the Stockport 10.
- Compete for the club in the Manchester Cross Country league.
- Avoid missing out on important races as some event don't allow runners who aren't registered with an affiliated club to take part. This includes championship events such as the National Road Relays and National Cross Country Champs.
- Give yourself the chance of securing a place in the London Marathon. Places are allocated to UKA clubs based on the number of registered members. The more people who register the more places we will be offered.
- Get a reduced rate of entry to the Regional Athletics Centre at Sports City on production of your English Athletics and MTC membership card.

All for the grand total of £5. Not a bad deal. I will be processing all payments made on the 1st of each month for all people who paid during the previous month. E.g. 1st August for all people who have paid during July.

To pay you need to log into the members section of the MTC website and follow the link to the ‘Shop’. Click on the link for UKA affiliation 2008 then click BUY at the bottom of the page. This should redirect you to PayPal.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ – We will be identifying who has paid by the account used to log into the membership section of the site. We will be using the details stored for your MTC account to input into the England Athletics database so make sure they are up to date. To help save time and so you can keep the same membership number could anyone who registered last year (there were 80 in total) please log onto the England Athletics Website and update your information. This will make it easier to identify you and much quicker to process if the MTC and England Athletics info match.
Rob Harvey

Postby Dabbsy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: the above.
Does anyone know what the format is for usernames. I've been unable to log on so far.
I've phoned England Athletics and emailed them asking for my username - zip, nada.
If someone knows their username I may be able to work out mine from it and log on,
cheers,
J
If you think you can do it, then you're right. If you think you can't do it, then you're still right.
Dabbsy

Next

Return to Forum